Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tip 13: Clear Skin (Fall Series)

Hey there! So sorry about this belated post... my school had soccer tryouts and I was just so busy yesterday and today and it looks like I will continue to be busy... I wasn't cut today so I think that might mean I'm on a team??? IDK, but I'm pretty excited!

Anyways, this tip is not necessarily autumn-ish (just for you, Ana), but as the days grow colder and drier, clear skin seems to be a problem for many, so I figured why not make a tip before the acne-prone season gets into full swing? Therefore presenting Tip 13: Clear Skin!

➵ #1 - Wash Your Face

This is probably really obvious, but don't deny that you "forget" sometimes *cough* after a long day *cough*. Washing your face not only removes obvious dirt, grime, makeup, etc., but it also refreshes your skin and opens your pores to anything that may come in contact with your face. The face wash I use is linked here and I must say that it is, by far, the best face wash I have used.

➵ #2 - Use A Toner

If you had asked me a year and a half ago what a "toner" was, I would have most likely said something to do with music. But then I found this awesome dirt-removing, deep cleansing stuff from Clinique (exact one that I use and love here) and my life was transformed. I could physically see the dirt from my pores, and of course that motivated me to wash my face better.

➵ #3 - Treat Any Spots

This is a step that varies depending on how sensitive your skin is. For example, I can use medium-strength acne cream, but my mom can only use the most gentle stuff because her skin breaks out to anything stronger. I switch between treatments, but my two top ones are here and here.

➵ #4 - Moisturize

I recommend using a lighter-weight moisturizer in the morning, such as the Morning Glow Moisturizer by Clean&Clear (searched everywhere online and couldn't find a link, sorry) and a heavier moisturizer at night, such as this one by Clinique.

➵ #5: Misc.

Of course, if all else fails, you can always use oil-free makeup to cover any unsightly blemishes (I don't wear face makeup, so I can't really help you there, but YouTube has several useful tutorials and guides to find the best makeup for you). Also, try pore strips and DIY or store-bought face masks. 

All in all, I'm gonna warn you that skincare can get expensive. Now, I am fortunate to have a mother who pays for most of my skincare necessities, especially since my skin is very difficult to treat. However, there are several cheaper routes to go, you just have to find what works for you.

That's it for now! Don't forget to follow us on Insta and Twitter... 

Talk to you later,

xoxo

- ash

No comments:

Post a Comment