Saturday, November 1, 2014

This Is Halloween (week 13)

Hello wonderful people! Yes, it is Saturday, and yes, it is November, but no, this post was not forgotten. You see, I spent my night last night collecting candy from strangers and proceeding to avoid watching a scary movie. And that was pretty much it.

My week was not exciting. I had a huge essay, several tests, and life to deal with. On the bright side, for once my biology class was fun because there was a sub so I just worked on homework and listened to music (I never said I set a good example). However, several of the guys in my class were being very annoying. However however, a couple of them are quite pleasing to look at. Also, I passed two of my benchmarks (mini-tests we have to pass to pass the class), so that was pretty cool.

The highlight of my week, by far, was yesterday. Funny how all our lives we are told not to take candy from strangers, yet that's precisely what we do on Halloween. Like being dressed in a costume and walking up to strangers' houses makes any difference whatsoever. Yeah, look at me, I'm dressed in all black pretending to be a ninja so therefore that makes me really scary and you shouldn't try to abduct me! America is weird.

My friends and I met up at one of our houses and started to trick-or-treat, focusing mainly on the treat part. The trick part came when we went to my other friend's house, who was at soccer and was meeting up with us later, and told her family that we were going to hide in her bedroom and scare her when she came home. So that's exactly what we did. Two of us were in the closet, one behind the door, and the other one (unfortunately me) was contorted to fit under a small table. Lucky for me though, I was the first to jump out and got to watch her reaction as we each took turns popping out. She kind of caught on and used her foot to open the closet though. Then we watched the video my friend had recorded, mainly laughing at my laughing because I sounded like some sort of whale. Reason number one why I tend to not laugh around strangers, people I would like to become friends with, or any guy remotely attractive. 

So then we went around the neighborhood some more and were really only freaked out when a guy with a scary mask and a fake axe tried to chop off the ear on my friend's sister's pig costume. We were joking about bacon the whole rest of the night.

That was pretty much it, despite the scary movie we tried watching but (luckily) left before we could finish. How was your Halloween? Do anything scary?

That's all for now... sorry for the lateness of this post. It seems that I am incurably late for some strange reason. Don't forget to follow us on Instagram and Twitter!

Talk to you later,

xoxo

- ash

(P.S. Did anybody else pick up on the irony that the week of Halloween was unlucky week 13 of blog posting?)

No comments:

Post a Comment