Friday, November 14, 2014

Homecoming - Part 1 (week 15)

Hello everyone! So for today's post (no it is not late, it is just late today) I want to give you an exciting and wonderful post, so I will be doing it in two parts, one tonight, and one on Monday. The reason for this is the infamous season called Homecoming.

I'm not sure how it works in other countries, but here in America, when the football teams play their last games against their biggest rivals, it is a big fiasco and celebration. It consists of two parts (hence two posts): the physical game, and the massive dance. Usually the game comes first and then the dance occurs later, but I know that some schools around here have the dance first. It depends on the school, I suppose. In any case, a lot of commotion is made around guys asking girls (lol not me because nobody likes me... my friend got asked though and she doesn't really even like the guy but she didn't want to say no...) in rather dramatic ways, including, but not limited to, posters, songs, performances, public "proposals", etc. You almost have to say yes but here's the thing that many people don't understand. When someone says, "Will you want pizza?", the answer is either yes or no. You have a choice. But for some odd reason, when the question is, "Will you go to Homecoming with me?", everyone feels obligated to say yes. Which doesn't make sense. Because if you don't want to, then why lie? Breh (Cali thing).

Anyways, today was our Homecoming game, accompanied by an in-school rally. They actually took time out of the day to rally us up. I don't mind. Most of my classes are boring anyways. Part of our rallies is the "scream contest" where people burn their throats trying to scream louder than the other grades. Last time the freshman came in last, of course, but this time was way more intense. There were people on other people's backs, football players doing flips, and noisemakers. So when it came time to announce the rankings, the senior in charge of it all (biased, I know, but whatever it's their last year, let them have fun) ran over to where us freshman were and I was like oh we got last again. BUT he ran over to the juniors and told them they were last. I was so shocked! I was shocked again when we got second (for hall decorating too)! We beat the sophomores and the juniors! Suck that people who push us around in the halls because we're younger - WE CAN YELL LOUDER THAN YOU! 

Then, tonight we had our Homecoming games. I was literally at the field for 6 hours, watching the Junior Varsity and Varsity football games. And talking to friends. And stalking cute guys. But mostly watching the game. Maybe. It was actually really fun hanging out with people from my school and from the rival school because I went to middle school with mostly everyone who goes to the rival school. I even kind of made new friends haha. It was great, and although we lost the JV game, we won the Varsity game, making history since we haven't beat our rival school in football in 23 years! Pretty cool!

So, that's it for today... but stay tuned on Monday for Part 2 - all about the Homecoming dance and pre-party type thing that I went to. So yeah :)

Love you all :)

TTYL

xoxo

this is really long

- ash

No comments:

Post a Comment