Saturday, November 29, 2014

What Are You Thankful For? (week 17)

Good morning everyone on this bright and beautiful Saturday! Actually, it's rainy here and this is my fourth Saturday in a row... but same difference! My week really wasn't too exciting since most of the drama in my life happens at school and I was only there for two days (THANK GOSH), although I did have a somewhat social week. Take note of the fact that I just woke up, so if this doesn't make sense I apologize in advance.

Monday and Tuesday were normal days for me; get up at 6:30 and try to make myself look presentable, go to school from 7:45 until 2:20, hang out in the library until 3:15, and participate in school soccer practice from 3:30 until 5:30, or whenever she feels like ending. Never past 5:30 though. So I basically play soccer 10 hours a week now or more, which I can definitely feel in my thighs and calves, especially when I walk up stairs (ouch). My calves are actually larger than most guys', so I'm slightly embarrassed.

Wednesday was my first day off of 5, and I lounged around in my pajamas until I had to go up to school for soccer at 12:15, where we sprinted our butts off. Then I walked down to the mall with one of my teammates/friends, and we got Wetzel Pretzel and Starbuck's and Burger King fries for "lunch". It wasn't healthy in the least, but we deserved it. We tried playing "Two Truths and a Lie", but I was so awful at that that it was actually really funny. After taking my friend home, I went home and took a shower and put on some comfy leggings and a sweatshirt for a movie night with my other friend. We went for a walk, ate pizza, talked A LOT, and watched "The Giver", which actually is not as good as I thought it would be. I realized how much I missed her even though we see each other all the time at school, yet we can start a conversation and hit it off for 5 hours straight if we want to (and we have). It's a shame, but it's life.

Thursday was Turkey Day, formerly known in America as Thanksgiving. I did nothing until about 1 pm and then primped myself to go see my family and eat tons of food. It was fun, and my family is annoying, but I wouldn't trade them for the world (well maybe some of them... I'm kidding). I got to thinking about what I really am thankful for, and I couldn't decide. I'm thankful for everything. I'm thankful for my friends and my family and my best friends and my kind-of friends and my potential friends and my teammates and my classmates and even my enemies because they have all been a part in making me who I am today. The good times, the bad, the REALLY bad, have all taught me something or taught me to cherish something because you never know when it might be ripped from your very hands. I'm thankful for the life I have and the home I live in and the warm bed I come home to every night. I'm thankful that while my family is not rich, I am spoiled beyond belief and not being rich is teaching me to work for what you want. Not everything is going to be handed to you on a silver platter, so might as well get over it while you still have the opportunity to work for what you want. But most of all, above everything else, I am thankful for every single person or idea or object that was there for me when I wasn't there for myself. I have a somewhat dark and depressing past that still haunts me today, but it's the past and now's the present and I have learned.

Friday was Black Friday and I pretty much played soccer, ate, slept, and shopped. Not too exciting, but exhausting, which was why I forgot to post.

Hopefully you enjoyed this rundown of my week... I would love to hear how you celebrated Thanksgiving, or if you don't celebrate it, what you're thankful for! I forgot to mention I am extremely thankful for this blog and all those who read it :)

Talk to you soon,

- ash

No comments:

Post a Comment